- Challenge: BT wanted to increase the visual impact of direct response print advertising
- Approach: Multi-variant testing of DR print advertising amongst in-market customers, followed by quantitative questionnaire
- Results: refined DR template, delivering strong results in market
- Challenge: Lidl wanted to assess relative impact of in store POS
- Approach: Glasses-based study plus qualitative interviews
- Results: Ranking of POS by stand out and engagement and evidence-based best practice guidelines to inform future development
- Challenge: Action Aid wanted to understand which media formats performed most strongly to deliver attention and donations
- Approach: Multivariant testing on Lumen digital panel
- Results: most impactful media formats identified and investment focussed accordingly
Challenge: Good fund raising advertising needs to be attention-grabbing and emotive to be effective. The NSPCC wanted to understand what really drives attention – and donations
Approach: Facial coding combined with eye tracking on 2 cuts of NSPCC ad and another particularly effective charity ad
Results: The insights generated helped the NSPCC choose between two edits of their film with confidence and generate 'best practice principles' to inform development of future films.
The winning film has been one of the most effective fund raising NSPCC ad of the last 15 years.